Weekly Economic Bulletin
||Weekly EB (No. 192, July 23, 2012)
WEEKLY ECONOMIC BULLETIN
July 23, 2012
MAJOR NEWS AND EVENTS
- [MOSF] IMF to Announce Revised World Outlook (July 16)
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) announced its revised world economic outlook on July 16 at 10:30 pm. The revised outlook contained growth outlooks by region and the growth forecasts of 10 major economies. There will be no revised outlook for the Korean economy.
- [FSC] Analysis of Korea’s Household Debt and Policy Response (July 19)
Korea’s household debt has grown rapidly since the Asian financial crisis compared to the growth rate of Korea’s GDP and income, posing a potential risk to the economy.
- [BOK] Dishonored Bill Ratio during June 2012 (July 19)
The nationwide dishonored bill ratio for June registered 0.02%, up from May’s 0.01%.
- [BOK] Export/Import Price Indices during June 2012 (July 19)
As of the end of the second quarter of 2012, the USD/KRW exchange rate stood at 1,145.4 won per dollar, a rise of 12.4 won (a depreciation of 1.1%) from the end of the previous quarter (1133.0 won).
ANNOUNCEMENT ON UPCOMING RELEASES
- - 30 ？year KTB Issuance Schedule (July 25)
- - 25th Crisis Management Meeting (July 26)
- - KTB Issuance Schedule, August 2012 (July 26)
- - Ministerial Meeting on Prices (July 27)
- - Consumer Survey Index, July 2012 (July 25)
- - Real Gross Domestic Product : 2Q 2012 (advance estimate) (July 26)
- - Balance of Payments during June 2012 (preliminary) (July 27)
- - Interest Rates: June 2012 (July 28)
- - Business Survey Index(BSI) & Economic Sentiment Index(ESI) for July 2012 (July 30)
- - Proceedings of Economic Review Meeting(2012.7) (July 31)
Each institution is reponsible for the information it provides in the bulletin.
For further inquiries
- Ministry of Strategy and Finance
Kim, Young Min
+822 2150 2450
- Financial Services Commission
Kim, Mi Kyung
+822 2156 9582
- Bank of Korea
Kim, JH Samuel
+822 759 4132