Weekly Economic Bulletin
||Weekly EB (No. 221, February 11, 2013)
WEEKLY ECONOMIC BULLETIN
February 11, 2013
MAJOR NEWS AND EVENTS
- [MOSF] Revenue in 2012 (February 8)
Total tax revenue in 2012 was 203.0 trillion won, an increase of 10.6 trillion won or 5.5 percent from 2011. However, despite an increase in the revenue, the budget ran a deficit of 2.8 trillion won, or 1.3 percent, spending 205.8 trillion won.
- [MOSF] 3rd Crisis Management Meeting (February 7)
Minister of Strategy and Finance Bahk Jaewan hosted the 3rd Crisis Management Meeting of 2013 on February 7 and led a discussion on international grain market trends and policy implications, major FTA issues and future plans, and marketing Korean food at international summits held in Korea.
- [MOSF] Ministerial Meeting on Prices (February 6)
Minister of Strategy and Finance Bahk Jaewan hosted the Ministerial Meeting on Prices via videoconference on February 6 and led a discussion on ways to stabilize the cost of childcare, rental market trends and responses, and the current state of joint oil purchases in the public sector and future plans.
- [BOK] Official Foreign Reserves, January 2013 (February 5)
Korea's official foreign reserves as of the end of January 2013 amounted to 328.91 billion dollars, an increase of 1.94 billion dollars from 326.97 billion dollars at the end of the preceding month.
ANNOUNCEMENT ON UPCOMING RELEASES
- - Employment Situation, January 2013 (February 13)
- - Employment Situation Analysis, January 2013 (February 13)
- - Public-private Meeting to Check Financial Situation (February 13)
- - Macro-economy and Finance Meeting (February 14)
- - Result of G20 Finance Ministers’ Meeting (February 14)
- - Export/Import Price Indices during January 2013 (February 13)
- - Monetary and Liquidity Aggregates Trend during December 2012 (February 14)
- - Financial Markets during January 2013 (February 14)
- - Monetary Policy Decision (February 14)
- - Current Economic Developments in Korea (February 14)
- - Producer Price Index during January 2013 (February 18)
Each institution is reponsible for the information it provides in the bulletin.
For further inquiries
- Ministry of Strategy and Finance
+822 6908 8701
- Financial Services Commission
Kim, Mi Kyung
+822 2156 9582
- Bank of Korea
Son, Min Kun
+822 759 4132